1 Yen    (sold for $75.0)

Description: 1892,
JAPAN. 1 Yen, Year 25 (1892). PCGS Genuine--Cleaning, Unc Details Secure Holder.

Y-28a.2; JNDA-01-10c.  Countermark "Gin" on the left side designating the Osaka Mint.  According to Krause about 10% of the "Gin" countermarks applied to the Trade dollars and one Yens were done at the Tokyo mint with the remaining 90% done at the Osaka mint.  With the application of the countermark they became demonetized and were shipped out of the country to be used as bullion and to prevent them from reentering the country to be redeemed for gold.  Lightly toned.

PCGS#: 501248
type to read more
Price
This coin has been sold for   $75.0

Notes: http://www.stacksbowers.com/archivedetail.aspx?productid=1872218 7500 2014-10-24

Page Cache: http://static.coinshome.net/page-cache/862ca4c259e94eaaae53f4f89a26365b.html
Online collections - Toolbar
Posted by: anonymous
2015-05-01
Coin Group
 Denomination: 1 Yen
 Metal: Silver
 State: Empire of Japan (1868-1947)
 Person: Meiji the Great (1852 - 1912)
 Catalog reference:
  KM-Y28
 
Description:   English
Coin variations: 17 instance(s)
You may be interested in following coins
1 Yen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silver Meiji the Great (1852 - 1912)
1 Yen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silver ...
group has   17 coins / 11 prices
1 Yen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silver Meiji the Great (1852 - 1912)
1 Yen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silver ...
group has   170 coins / 161 prices
50 Sen Japan Silver
50 Sen Japan Silver
group has   8 coins / 8 prices
2018-11-06 - Historical Coin Prices
20 Franc Belgium Gold Leopold II of Belgium(1835 - ...
Coin prices from public sources
Details
2018-11-24 - Historical Coin Prices
50 Cent Canada Silver George VI (1895-1952)
Coin prices from public sources
Details
You may be interested in ...
Market
Dynasty tree and coins
Check yourself!

Coin Puzzle
Coins Prices