1 Yen    (sold for $176.0)

Description: 1897,
JAPAN. Yen, ND (1897). ANACS MS-61.

Y-28a.5; JNDA-01-10c. Countermark "Gin" on the right side designating the Tokyo Mint.  According to Krause about 10% of the "Gin" countermarks applied to the Trade dollars and one Yens were done at the Tokyo mint with the remaining 90% done at the Osaka mint.  With the application of the countermark they became demonetized and were shipped out of the country to be used as bullion and to prevent them from reentering the country to be redeemed for gold.
type to read more
Price
This coin has been sold for   $176.0

Notes: http://www.stacksbowers.com/archivedetail.aspx?productid=1831583 17625 2014-06-30

Page Cache: http://static.coinshome.net/page-cache/92f3ea7b972745e3a81ee0bc92de063d.html
Online collections - Toolbar
Posted by: anonymous
2015-05-01
Coin Group
 Denomination: 1 Yen
 Metal: Silver
 State: Empire of Japan (1868-1947)
 Person: Meiji the Great (1852 - 1912)
 Catalog reference:
  KM-Y28
 
Description:   English
Coin variations: 17 instance(s)
You may be interested in following coins
1 Yen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silver Emperor Taishō (1879 - 1926)
1 Yen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silver ...
group has   12 coins / 12 prices
5 Sen Japan Silver
5 Sen Japan Silver
group has   16 coins / 15 prices
50 Sen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silver Meiji the Great (1852 - 1912)
50 Sen Empire of Japan (1868-1947) Silve ...
group has   22 coins / 22 prices
2018-11-07 - Historical Coin Prices
2 Thaler Grand Duchy of Hesse (1806 - 1918) Silver ...
Coin prices from public sources
Details
2019-05-21 - Historical Coin Prices
2 Mark Kingdom of Prussia (1701-1918) Silver Wilhe ...
Coin prices from public sources
Details
You may be interested in ...
Market
Dynasty tree and coins
Check yourself!

Coin Puzzle
Coins Prices